Serving on a committee is a rewarding, fun way to get deeper involved with our Association, meet new people, and reach personal and professional goals. Have you considered sharing your talents and skills to better the services RRHBA provides? We are looking for volunteers who are energetic, want to see RRHBA succeed, and have fresh ideas and perspectives!
Listed below are 2017 RRHBA committees along with a brief description. If you are interested in serving on any of these committees click here to download the Committee Interest form.
If you have any questions about the committees, contact Rena DeBerry at email@example.com or 540-389-7135.
- Chairman: Jimmy Butler, First Citizens Bank
- Description: The AAC is responsible for planning and implementing social, civic, fundraising, and other special events for the Association. The council is made up of Associate members who work to provide programs and activities to encourage Builders and Associate member relationships. Monthly meeting.
- Chairman: Matt Prescott, Prescott Construction Co.
- Description: The Governmental Affairs Committee works closely with area localities, as well as other governmental regulatory agencies on matters of interest to the home building industry.
- Chairman: Pete McKnight, McKnight & Company, Inc.
- Description: Do you have great ideas to promote Association members to the public or the technology smarts to keep the Association’s website and social scene up-to-date with trends? If you answered ye, then the Marketing & Technology Committee could use you.
- Chairman: Merle Heckman, David James Homes
- Description: The Membership Committee is charged with developing new and innovative ways to recruit and reatin members throughout the year, in addition to hosting the bi-annual membership drives.
- Chairman: Jeremy Longshore, Trustpoint Insurance LLC
- Description: The PEC encompasses the planning and implementation of educational programs of interest to RRHBA members including Build It Better workshop series.
- Chairman: David Radford, David Frank Homes LLC
- Description: Appointed positions. The Association’s political action committee with 8 trustee positions which require Board approval.
Bowling Bash Committee
Toys for Tots Committee
|Co-Chairman: Kathie Robinson, Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation||Co-Chairman: Jimmy Butler, First Citizens Bank|
|Co-Chairman: Karen Hankins, Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group||Co-Chairman: Jack Engel, National Window & Door|
Sporting Clay Shoot Committee
Spring Home Show Committee
|Chairman: Mark Overstreet, CMC Supply, Inc.||Chairman: Karen Hankins, Atlantic Bay Mortgage Group|
Golf Classic Committee
Fall Home Show Committee
|Co-Chairman: Brett Bennett, Roanoke Gas Company||Chairman: Bo Bohon, Bohon Construction, Inc.|
|Co-Chairman: Barry Wright, The Roanoke Times|